Ticket resolved processing
Talos is being set up to ensure a level of consistency and accuracy when tickets are being completed. Each IT Support provider is different in their procedures but this process of sending a resolved ticket to Talos will allow for multiple things. For now, the primary use of this is to confirm that the Ticket Resolution field has appropriate details in it. For example, can’t be blank and can’t exceed your Maximum Resolution Characters setting.
Create the Resolved Ticket Extension Callout
The first step is to create an Extension Callout in your Autotask configuration.
1. Go to Admin -> Extensions & Integrations -> Expand Other Extensions & Tools -> Select Extension Callout (Tickets)
2. Click the “New Extension Callout” button
3. Name the Callout “TRIBU – Resolved Ticket”
4. Set the URL to the following:
5. Set the HTTP Transport Method to POST
6. Set the Data Format to XML-RPC
7. Set the Method Name to RESOLVEDTICKET
8. All other fields can be left blank/default
9. Click Save & Close
Create the Workflow Rule for Resolved Ticket
Whenever a new ticket has been idle for too long Talos will notify your selected Teams channel again about the inactive ticket.
1. Login to Autotask and go to Admin -> Workflow Rules
2. Ensure you are on the Service Desk tab and click the New button
3. Give the Workflow a recognisable name. We recommend that any workflow that is interacting with a TRIBU product starts with TRIBU.
4. Fill out the description with something meaningful for quick reference
5. Tick on the ‘Edit by’ option and set to “Anyone”
6. Scroll down to Conditions and set the first condition to ‘Status’ -> equal to -> your company resolved status
7. In the example below, we exclude the Monitoring Alert’s Queue for resolution analysis.
8. Scroll down further to Actions and set the ‘Then Execute Extension Callout’ and set it to your “TRIBU – Resolved Ticket” callout from the previous step.
9. You can add in any other conditions and actions to take that follow your standard business procedures as well, however, there can only be one Extension Callout that must be set to go to Talos.
- Ticket SLA overdue configuration
- New ticket
- New ticket IDLE configuration
- Customer replied configuration
Go to using Talos