Create the New Ticket Extension Callout
The first step is to create an Extension Callout in your Autotask configuration.
1. Go to Admin -> Extensions & Integrations -> Expand Other Extensions & Tools -> Select Extension Callout (Tickets)
2. Click the “New Extension Callout” button
3. Name the Callout “TRIBU – New Ticket”
4. Set the URL to the following:
5. Set the HTTP Transport Method to POST
6. Set the Data Format to XML-RPC
7. Set the Method Name to NEWTICKET
8. All other fields can be left blank/default
9. Click Save & Close
Create the Workflow Rule for New Ticket
Whenever a new ticket has been idle for too long Talos will notify your selected Teams channel again about the inactive ticket.
1. Login to Autotask and go to Admin -> Workflow Rules
2. Ensure you are on the Service Desk tab and click the New button
3. Give the Workflow a recognisable name. We recommend that any workflow that is interacting with a TRIBU product starts with TRIBU.
4. Fill out the description with something meaningful for quick reference
5. Tick on the ‘Idle for’ option and set to this to your own company’s procedural preferences. We do not recommend setting this to be at the end of an SLA timer as this doesn’t serve as an effective reminder if the ticket is almost breaching SLA. Instead, pick a reason halfway point that allows technicians to assign, review and respond appropriately.
6. Scroll down to Conditions and set the first condition to ‘Status’ -> equal to -> New
7. You can set other options as in the example below – we don’t want reminders about Monitoring Alerts to go to Talos, but we do want other ticket queues to be answered in a timely manner.
8. Scroll down further to Actions and set the ‘Then Execute Extension Callout’ and set it to your “TRIBU – New Ticket Idle” callout from the previous step.
You can add in any other conditions and actions to take that follow your standard business procedures as well, however, there can only be one Extension Callout that must be set to go to Talos.
- Ticket resolved processing
- New ticket IDLE configuration
- Ticket SLA overdue configuration
- Customer replied configuration
Go to using Talos